As the delinquent blogger (huh, maybe I should coin that!) I am determined to do better this year! At least once a week seems reasonable, for heaven’s sake. So here’s to that!
I have great hopes and plans for 2013. I turn 30 in 3 days so I feel that entitles me to make big plans, right? I am looking forward to finally being out of my 20s and being able to focus on the next phase of my life. One where I can build myself in my career, focus on hobbies, save toward whatever (travel? house?), and just enjoy being.
My 20s were rather defined by change, lots of change. Some was better (school, starting a new job, meeting people). Lots of it was more in the worse vein (lots of housing loss and instability, finances, family stuff). At this point my housing is stable, I have an actual job in my chosen career (for which I am very grateful even if I whine about it sometimes), and I can work toward changes I WANT to make which is serious blessing.
So this year’s goals?
1) Actually DO projects I plan. I am really bad at this…
2) Sew more! This also sort of falls under 1 but I feel it’s important enough to warrant its own point. I am working on my Tiramisu dress right now!
3) Organize. This is a big category, I know. But it is a huge issue for me. I love organization and systems I just don’t always use them. In particular I need to organize my papers. I’m thinking file cabinet is probably the way to go!
4) House Refresh. It’s been a little over 2 years since I moved into my own place and it’s time to just tweak things a bit and get things changed a little!
5) Plan a trip to New Zealand. This is a big one. I know it will take me time to save and plan but I really, really want to make this happen! I am really drawn to the place and it’s time for travel.